Poor sleep can lead to a cascade of health issues in our daily lives. Irritability, weakened immune system and lack of focus are just a few of caused by lack of sleep. It can also be one of the underlying causes of unintended chronic inflammation. Do you wake up rested or restless?
Studies show that getting sleep and good quality sleep is more important to our overall health and well-being than once thought. So burning the candle at both ends, is no longer a virtue!
doTERRA has more that 15 different essential oils that help promote a calm, restful environment. If you are not fond of a particular scent, or don’t seem to be getting the results you are looking for, be sure to try something else. Look at these essential oils! We all know about lavender, but are you familiar with the others?
- Clary Sage
- Roman Chamomile
- Ylang Ylang
Do you have a diffuser? It’s a great way to start gaining the benefits of aromatic use of essential oils.
Try these easy tips to get you ready for bed. It may take some practice, but within a short period, you should be adapting to a new, restful sleep.
- Set all electronic equipment to turn off at least 1 hour (preferably 2) before bedtime
- Stop drinking water 3-4 hours before bed
- Don’t exercise 2 hours (or more) before you plan to go to bed
- If you are having trouble winding down, relaxing yoga moves will help to settle the mind
- Warm (not hot) bath with 1-1.5 Cups of Epsom Salt add a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the salts and soak for 30 minutes
- Start a diffuser 30 minutes before you plan to retire
- Don’t wear anything too restrictive
Tip: Add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to a clean diffuser 30 minutes before bedtime! When you are ready for bed, your mind will be benefitting from the aroma.
Try some of these diffuser blends next time you are setting up your diffuser!