Submitted by Melissa Loughney, Texas
This pasta salad is a favorite of mine! It’s one of the very first recipes I tried using essential oils. Because it doesn’t have any dairy, it’s a great pasta salad for a potluck or picnic. Thanks Melissa Loughney for your submission!
- 1 – 16 ounce package bow-tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes-quartered
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 medium sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of pickled banana pepper rings
- 1 – 2 1/4 ounces can black olive slices
- 8 slices salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 2 Drops Basil Oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients leaving dressing until last.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
- Toss dressing with pasta until coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- Serve in a large bowl and enjoy.
Tip: Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve, to maintain freshness.
Original Recipe appeared on dottera.com