If you find yourself buying energy bars try this recipe. These cashew-strawberry energy bites make it easy to pass those store bought ones by!
Next time you reach for the store bought ones, check out the ingredients to see what they are made of? Some of the additives in this “healthy” choice might surprise you.
With just three main ingredients, energy bars and bites are fun to make and so much healthier!
Powerhouse of protein and magnesium! Nuts are not only portable and easy to take with you, they are also powerhouse foods! Cashews especially are great sources of protein and magnesium.
Many over the counter energy bars contain nuts and fruits, but you can easily make them at home. Strawberries are excellent sources of Vitamins C and K, but they also provide fiber, folic acid, manganese, and potassium.
Just like tomatoes, the bright red color of strawberries comes from the significant amounts of phytonutrients and flavanoids.
The addition of Cinnamon Bark oil not only supports healthy metabolism, it also lends great taste to this easy recipe!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 package chia seeds or coconut flakes (optional)
- Wash and chop strawberries. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse raw cashews until they form a crumbled texture.
- Add in chopped strawberries and coconut butter. Pulse mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until they form into a batter. Place batter in fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and roll batter into medium balls. Roll balls in chia seeds or coconut flakes, coating the outside.
- Store energy bites in the fridge to keep fresh. Consume within two weeks.
Don’t have cinnamon bark essential oil? You can purchase it here or for a quick substitute, start with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder which you probably have in your cupboard!
There are so many reasons to use cinnamon bark essential oil! Check out the other blog posts on it!
Be Well, Live Well and Thrive!